Can't Retrieve issues according to "Version"

Deleted user June 12, 2013

When trying to retrieve according to "Version" (after defining Versions in the new "Agile quick view"), referring to "FixVersion/s" field - the issues are now retrieved.

7 answers

0 votes
Deleted user June 16, 2013

I did some more analysis; this was a bit tricky:

When FixVersion field is "Hidden" (in the associated fields' configuration) - there's no way to retrieve according to "Version" which was associated with the issue in the quick Agile view.

When I configure the "FixVersion" field as "Show" - all works as expected (and one can indeed see the "FixVersion" value reflected properly into the bug details in the "regular jira issue view").

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Well, that makes sense - if you've told Jira a field does not exist for a project, then you can't really expect it to return it in searches!

Deleted user June 16, 2013

Well, I can argue on that; as it's more related to the interaction between GreenHooper & the basic Jira functionality: if I chose to map issues to versions only by the left pane ("Versions") of the new agile view, and not to manage that mapping anywhere else - I still expect the system to enable retrieving according to that mapping, regardless if the "FixVersion" field is hidden or shown in the "jira issue view" screen!

Deleted user June 19, 2013

Remained with the gap I described above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2013

Hmm. Yes. You hadn't mentioned Greenhopper before.

I'd expect Greenhopper to simply ignore versions (and hence lose functionality) if you hide them from the project.

I'd say this is a bug, worth raising it with Atlassian. Although, I think Jira is working correctly, and as designed, and the problem is actually more that "Greenhopper does stuff that Jira then cannot report on if the fields are hidden"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2013

Ok, three quick tests; Could you

• Nip into the issue in Jira (i.e. a Jira issue view, NOT Greenhopper/Agile) and check what it says there?for Fix Version
  • Search for the issue in the simple search screen - not using JQL
  • Check the version tab in the project summary screen
0 votes
Deleted user June 15, 2013

Hi Nic,

If I drag one of the issues to the left pane (titled "Versions"), into the version name called: "OneCalais R6.3"); and then use this term in a JQL filter: ...fixVersion in ("OneCalais R6.3")...

The issue which I dragged to that "Version" is not appearing in the list of answers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2013

Could you expand on this a bit? Maybe post the JQL you are using?

0 votes
Deleted user June 15, 2013

I had a typo: I meant - the issues are NOT retrieved.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

No question here, really ...

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

So what's the question? For JQL searching for Fix Version you have to use fixVersion, for Affected Versions you use affectedVersion.

Henning

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events