Can't @Mention other users in Next-Gen Project

Maya Joshi November 28, 2018

I'm an admin and I've created a next-gen project -- FOr some reason I can't seem to @Mention anyone? I can manually type the "@" but no user names auto populate for me to select. Not sure what's causing this but it basically renders my next-gen project to be unusable. Anyone else having this issue? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
  • I figured it out! I went to Global Permissions and added "Browse Users" permission to the group I wanted. 

Thanks! 

sserna January 22, 2020

Sorry- what do you mean with global permissions? where I can find that section in JIRA?

Thanks

Stef

SP August 11, 2020

I am not able to add mentions to people who have already been added to the project. I have added people through option -> Project settings > Access . Inspite of doing that mentions dont seem to work, is this an issue with the tool or is it something that is not possible to do with next-gen JIRA.

0 votes
Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

@Maya Joshi Add people to project 

Go to project setting --> people-->Add people.

Then go to the issue and comment by using @ it will work 

@pavan there are already several people added to the project -- those are the people I'm trying to mention 

Suggest an answer