Can swimlanes be split by Project in the same way it does with Assignees?

Dan Cormick September 3, 2012

My team members are usually working on 2-5 projects at any one time. I'm trying to create a board for each team member to view all tasks for all projects assigned to them. The By Assignee filter is great for me to see what each team member has assigned, but I want to make task tracking as easy as possible for staff. Spliting swimlanes based on project would help keep them focused and organised. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

Hi Dan,

There is no specific swimlane for projects, but you can base your swimlanes on JQL queries, and create one JQL for each of the projects. Please refer to Modifying your Query-based swimlanes for more details on this.

Cheers,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

Dan Cormick September 4, 2012

Thanks Clarissa, I had started doing that but we have up to 12 projects between 12 staff and customising every staff member's board every time we get a new project is very tedious and impractical and will become more so as we take on more staff.

Dan Cormick September 4, 2012

Thanks Clarissa, I had started doing that but we have up to 12 projects between 12 staff and customising every staff member's board every time we get a new project is very tedious. Unless there is a way to create a default filter that would allow individual team members to see only their tasks grouped by project? And to be able to prioritise projects would be handy.

Is this possible?

Suggest an answer