Can somebody Help me with a strange Mail Handler Issue?

Mathias HD July 15, 2021

We had the Problem recently that JIRA just stopped Pulling in Mails to generate Tickets.
First a simple off/on on the Mail Puller fixed it and all the Mails waiting in the IMPA inbox got pulled and turned into Tickets. But after that it just stopped again. I restartet the whole Jira instance and it work for 20 Minutes and then Stopped working for some Projects - not all.
I could not find any Errors in the Logs on the Exchange Server nor JIRA. All GUI tests came out Green and no Error got detected. The Threshold Policy is also in Order.
I checked the Mail handler services in the GUI and on the DB and every timestamp was in order.
I had to gave up searching for the issue in the evening and 6 hours after the Instance reboot everything just started working again, the Project in question got Tickets from Mail.

So did anybody had a similar experience and knows where it all went wrong?
As i understood it this happed before and the regulars solution is just wait it out. But i can't accept it. We want to upscale our Jira environment and we can't do that if big parts just stop working on random occasions without any trace of why.

P.S. I would also apricate any Hint where i could look to find the reason for this behavior.

0 answers

Suggest an answer