Can service desk customers respond to email notifications and have the respond added to the comment field?

Our customers all have accounts in JIRA via LDAP connection but do not have JIRA licenses. They can log into the customer portal and submit issues and comment on them.

We also want them to be able to respond to email notifications and have the reply stored in the comment of an issue.

The error we get is:

FAILURESignup is not currently available

Our customer portal is set to 'Everyone with an account can access my Customer Portal'.

4 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 09, 2016

So to be clear, this only occurs when you use email?

Do you have public signup enabled?

We don't want public signup enabled - we are controlling access via LDAP.

All customers are showing up with accounts in the 'People' section of the service desk.

The project itself is secured so that only those with an account can submit tickets.

And yes, it only occurs when customers respond to the Service Desk notification via email.

Everything works as expected when they submit a ticket and comment on it via the customer portal.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you