Can rank on Kanban but not on Scrum

Justin Hayes March 25, 2014

We use the Scheduling permission to control ranking in Agile. We have customer users that we want to be allowed to rank issues but not edit them, so they have the Scheduling Issues permission but not the Edit Issues permission.

These customer users can drag and drop to rank issues on a Kanban board, but if I create a Scrum board when they try to rank they get the following error:

Error

You do not have permission to edit this issue.

Why would there be a difference??

3 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

This is the permission map of the boards, i guess you should confirm against this -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/What+are+the+permissions+used+in+Agile+Boards

My issue doesn't relate to adding items to sprints. Simply reordering in the backlog causes the error.

0 votes

My issue doesn't relate to adding items to sprints. Simply reordering in the backlog causes the error.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

Suggest an answer