Can our developer add me to Jira for their project when I have a Atlassian account already

Renger Jellema April 14, 2019

I have an Atlassian account and use Jira. A service provider is using Jira as well but they have their own account. I would like to get access to the details of the project (and they want to provide me that access). Do they need to add me as a new user? Or can my current Atlassian account be used to get access to the project? I'm asking this because if I need to be used as a new user to the project, there are costs involved. That does not make sense because I already have an account.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2019

The answer from Daniel is perfect but just to clarify...

It makes all the sense in the world that costs might be involved when it comes to add a new user to a Jira instance. Picture it like this:

You are running a Jira. You're paying an ammount of money to run this Jira, based on the number of users allowed to log in to YOUR Jira. If you're in the cloud you're probably paying on a per user per month basis. Would you want to add new users you'll need to pay more.

The same goes for your povider if he needs to create a user for you in their Jira instance, and it doesn't matter that you already have an Atlassian account or not. All that matters is that they need to allow a new user to their project.

1 vote
Answer accepted
LagomDaniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2019

In order for you to have access to a Jira instance - your Atlassian id account needs to have an account on that instance (unless you’re doing it as a JSD customer. This means that the number of users on the instance increases thus the cost increases.

Suggest an answer