It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can one edit JIRA issue attachments?

Abhay Patil Sep 13, 2017

This is about JIRA on cloud.

Confluence allows in-line editing of attachments that can be edited by Microsoft Office using the local copy of MS Office. However the "manage attachment" option in JIRA allows only deletion of the attachment. I have two questions.

(1) Can JIRA (on cloud) be configured to allow "editing" of Office doc attachments?

(2) Can JIRA be configured to allow any user (not just admin, or the creator of the issue) to edit and delete attachments?

1 answer

0 votes
Branden McElveen Atlassian Team Sep 14, 2017

Hi Abhay,

I did some testing and do not see a method to edit attachments as you're describing.  There is an add-on for JIRA Server called GoEdit - Direct Attachment Edit for Jira but it has not made it to the Cloud side yet but I would recommend you keep an eye out for any additional add-ons that may come into the Marketplace in the near future for this functionality including a Cloud version of GoEdit.

In addition I would recommend that you go to JAC and create a Suggestion to have this added to JIRA natively.  Once you do so please post the link back here so other members of the Community can vote on the issue and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Abhay Patil Sep 15, 2017

Thanks Branden. Would appreciate if you could tell me if our Admin can configure our JIRA cloud instance to allow any user (not just one who added it) to "delete" attahments in a ticket.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,269 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you