Can one Jira instance be used by two companies that share employees?

Let's say that all our employees are hired in two companies. Can we have joint license. Can both companies participate in the payment for the support?

2 answers

0 votes

There's nothing to stop you doing that, JIRA doesn't really care how you use your licence allocations.

Payment might be a bit of a pain though, there's no facility for splitting payments really, you get one bill.  It's probably easier for you to handle the licence through one company, and have an internal process where the other company pays the first one for its share of the licence.  But if that's hard, contact sales-at-atlassian-dot-com and see how they'd like to handle it.

I would recommend to you to reach the Atlassian sales and licensing team to get more information on this. You can create a ticket in this link https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/5/create/36

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,782 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot