Can not view pdf files in Jira

J Richardson January 2, 2018

We attach pdf files to our issues and when you click on them, they do not open and it just looks like it is buffering or something.  After several minutes, nothing changes.  I have tried this in both Chrome and Firefox and the result is the same.  If we are going to continue to use this, we have to be able to view the files quickly without having to download each one to the hard drive to view in Adobe Reader.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Are you seeing any errors in the download? Typically it would be helpful to open the Browser Developer Console and look for errors. The browser will typically highlight these red.

I'm not able to see your end here, so any more information would be helpful.  

J Richardson January 3, 2018

I did find this when I tried to open a pdf file in the console for firefox.

Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://d2ix5ft752auai.cloudfront.net/atl-vertigo--shard-jira-prod-us-11--2--jres.atlassian.net/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/v7ee31/b/5/14b676cf734ff69e06bd22da1ad0faa3/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?adg3Enabled=true&locale=en-US
Source Map URL: LegacyIssue-min.js.map

Suggest an answer