Can not remove Watchers from Stories using CLI

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

I am trying to remove a Watcher from all of the issues in a project. Using the CLI command below, the users was removed from all issues with an issuetype of BUG, but was not removed from issues with an issuetype of STORY

./jira.sh --action runFromIssueList --search "key in watchedIssues() and project='User File Management'" --common "--action removeWatchers --issue @issue@ --userId user.name"

I also tried using the --type parameter with no luck. How do I remove Watchers from stories?

We are in JIRA 5.2.8.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

I was able to resolve this by changing the search parameters. by removing 'key in watchedIssues()' and just search on the project, all issues were returned and the watcher was removed.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Strange. I suppose it is too late now, but did the JQL (key in watchIssues()) return stories from the UI?

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

Sorry Bob,

I missed this question.

Yes, the JQL returns stories when run from the UI.

Suggest an answer