Can not follow instructions

Anders Persson February 20, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding target dates

I can neither find this "Go to Scope >  and check the fields target start date and target end date so they are displayed in the scope view columns." nor this " Set targets > set target dates from calculated"

3 answers

0 votes
Andrea Della Corte January 6, 2019

I am also unable to see the "Set targets > set target dates from calculated" field - last time I saw it was 1-2 months ago?

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Hi Anders,

The Target Start Date and Target End Dates are columns in the Scope view. To access the columns, you need to click the gear icon on the top right hand side of the Scope section of the page.

In the link I sent you there is a screenshot.  At the top of the whole page it says "My new plan".

About half way down is the Scope section.  On the right hand side of the Scope section is a gear icon.  Click on that to configure the scope view, including showing the Target Start Date and Target End Date columns.

Anders Persson February 22, 2017

Thanks, then I know what you mean. But then I do not know how to do the fourth step:

" 4. Set targets > set target dates from calculated."

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2017

Hi Anders,

In the Scope view, click the checkbox next to an issue and a dropdown will appear that lets you set the target date.

In fairness, the documentation is not as clear as it could be!

Anders Persson March 10, 2017

So this is a manual step?

1.  Set targets > set target dates from calculated.

I was looking for a menu to do this.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2017

Hi Anders,

"Scope" refers to this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/scope-828785225.html

The gear icon is in the top right of the Scope page.

Anders Persson February 22, 2017

Yes I find this one, but their is neither "target start date" nor "target end date". Am I looking at the wrong place? Is it the "wrong" gear?

image2017-2-22 12:29:34.png

Suggest an answer