Can not find a field Original Estimate

Andriy Tatchyn March 8, 2018

After a new interface change, I am looking for a field - Original Estimate and can not find it. It takes a lot of time figuring out new workflows and GUI for Jira. I can say for sure - this is a terrible User Experience when users cannot find critical functions. 

I promise to move our entire company to Asana, this year if you guys keep doing so stupid mistakes. 

2 answers

1 vote
Joshua Williams March 9, 2018

I'm seeing the same change. Previously we'd have someone create a case, then in the backlog view the assignee would eventually add their estimates to the ticket.

This is now missing. I see it on the Create Issue screen but we need it after it's been created.

Edit: I've finally "fixed" the issue by disabling the Labs > New Jira issue view. I accessed it here, https://<domain>.atlassian.net/secure/ViewProfile.jspa#labs-profile-fragment

Andriy Tatchyn March 12, 2018

Thank you very much. You made my day, finally, we can make an estimate with only one click.  

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Where do you look for the field? If you want to add the field on a screen then you should add the Time Tracking field.

Here is the video: https://www.screencast.com/t/FQVESHcMBOf8

In the board settings estimates, I have Original Time Estimate chosen.   

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

You need to put the time-tracking field on the "create issue" screen.  It's too late to get it in the board.

What do you mean "put the time-tracking field on the "create issue" screen." It will help if you can be more specific in here?

Thank you in advance 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Suggest an answer