Can not filter the issues by date without BY conditions

Aaron Chen May 24, 2017

Works well, find 1 result

status was Reopened AFTER startOfDay(-1) BY "qi.chen"

Not Work, find all results including the ones Reopened before yestoday

status was Reopened AFTER startOfDay(-1) 

JIRA v6.0.3#6099-sha1:c205478

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2017

The first clause "status was reopened" means what it says - the status was that at the time defined by the "after" clause.

An issue could have gone into that status at any time.

Aaron Chen May 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I mean why "status was Reopened AFTER startOfDay(-1) " return all Reopened issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2017

It's the same answer, but I can see why my answer is not clear.  I'll try to phrase it differently:

Let's take the query and rewrite it in natural English:

status was Reopened AFTER startOfDay(-1)

becomes

Tell me all the issues where the status was Reopened after the start of yesterday

Read carefully - it's not about the status changing, it's asking what the status currently is.

I am guessing here, but I think you are looking for the change of status, not the value of the status.

If that's right, then your question is really "issues who were changed to reopened after...", so try "status was changed to reopened after..."

Aaron Chen June 1, 2017

It's clear, so how to make a jql query of "status was changed to reopened after..."? thanks a lot!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

It's literally to use "... and status was changed to reopened after ..." as a clause in the jql.  You should find the autocomplete can help though

0 votes
Aaron Chen May 26, 2017

up

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2017

Down

Suggest an answer