Can not enable Hercules (Support Tools) plugin

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Currently Support Tools plugin shows as disabled in my JIRA add-ons view. It also shows update is available. However when I try to install update it it fails with the following error:

Found dependent enabled plugins for uninstalled plugin 'com.atlassian.support.stp': [].  Disabling...

I'm not sure what the dependent plugin is and what might be the work around to update and ultimately enable Support Tools plugin. Enabling current version also fails with no detailed logs.

Hoping for good advise. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

JIRA version?

I'd wait for more answers but I suspect the plugin cache - it's easy to clean but requires a server restart

Here's how you can clear the plugin Cache with JIRA:

1. stop JIRA
  2. navigate to your <jira.home>/plugins directory
  3. remove two hidden directories
    1. .bundled-plugins/
    2. .osgi-plugins/
  4. optionally you can clear out your tomcat logs, temp and work folders - strongly advise just moving the contents of logs. These folders are under <jira.base> - where you installed JIRA
    1. logs
    2. temp
    3. work
  5. optionally clear out the atlassian-logs folder (backing them up if possible)
    1. <jira.home>/log

-wc

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2015

JIRA version 6.3.15 I'm ok with server restart. How do I cleanup plugin cache ?

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2015

updated my original content

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

RVal, 

In case of not having the issue fixed after cleaning the plugins cache, try to increase the add-ons timeout, as explained in the resolution field of this KB articlesmile

Regards, 

Giu

Suggest an answer