Can not create an issue

René Steg July 8, 2012

I just created a new JIRA project, new workflows, new issue types and users etc. Though it seems that I there is everything setup, I can not create a new issue. I get the error message "Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off."

Besides some of the fields I have defined in the screen definition are not visible, such as the assign field.

I have explicitly assigned a few users to the project. The user I try to create the issue with, has admin privileges.

If I login with a different user it works. I also get the missing fields. Interesting though, that I can not assign the user which can't create issues. I am able to assign other users to the new issue, but not that with admin privileges.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

Check the permissions schema in the project you are working. There is "Assignable User" option, make sure the user you want to assing the issue to appears there, or is in agroup that is there.

René Steg July 12, 2012

The actual issue was, that we use LDAP and the already defined local JIRA group somehow conflicted with the LDAP groups.

0 votes
Vaidehi Iyer May 1, 2014

It helped me :)

Thanks

0 votes
Neal Applebaum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

.. and make sure the project lead is an assignable user.

Suggest an answer