Can not create an issue

I just created a new JIRA project, new workflows, new issue types and users etc. Though it seems that I there is everything setup, I can not create a new issue. I get the error message "Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off."

Besides some of the fields I have defined in the screen definition are not visible, such as the assign field.

I have explicitly assigned a few users to the project. The user I try to create the issue with, has admin privileges.

If I login with a different user it works. I also get the missing fields. Interesting though, that I can not assign the user which can't create issues. I am able to assign other users to the new issue, but not that with admin privileges.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Check the permissions schema in the project you are working. There is "Assignable User" option, make sure the user you want to assing the issue to appears there, or is in agroup that is there.

The actual issue was, that we use LDAP and the already defined local JIRA group somehow conflicted with the LDAP groups.

.. and make sure the project lead is an assignable user.

It helped me :)

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you