Can not change board

Sašo Piskar December 19, 2017

In JIRA cloud, I can not administer boards no more (I guess since today).

If I try to change board name for example, I get this error:

"The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

Now this can not be true, because I am just vieweing the board and I also have all permission...

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi Sašo,

• When is the last time you viewed the board?
  • Is this a Cloud instance?
  • Does anyone else have access to that board filter?

One possibility is the filter was deleted:

If the shared filter associated with a board is deleted from JIRA, the board will not be visible anymore in the Manage Boards page.

This is caused by the fact that JIRA Software is unable to determine the filter details of the board and it does not show the board anymore.

Workaround

Always perform a backup of the JIRA data as described in Backing Up Data before proceeding

1. Create a new Filter in JIRA with the same criteria as the filter which was associated with the deleted filter earlier.
    (info) The filter conditions can be changed anytime even after creation and hence it is not an absolute requirement that it should exactly match the original filter.
  2. Note the ID of the filter from Issue Navigator as given in the below example:

http://yourserver/issues/?filter=36633

The filter id is 36633 in this example.

3. Shutdown JIRA
  4. Run the below SQL command to update the board details and restart JIRA:

UPDATE "AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW" SET "SAVED_FILTER_ID" = '<<ID from the above step>>' where "ID" = '<<ID of the Rapid View which is not shown>>'

If this is a Cloud instance you will not be able to perform the SQL commands.  Please verify the existence of the filter and take a look at Board displays a permission error when accessed in Jira Software for more steps to help resolve this issue.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer