Can not add an addon for JIRA

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

Hi,

Just to say, am not a fan of JIRA on the cloud, this new version is a total mess.

Anyways, after spending hours trying to add an addon, I give up. when ever I try to add it, it complains of not having me as a site-admins group

Timesheet Reports and Gadgets is a paid add-on, so you need to be a member of the site-admins group to subscribe for a trial.

Time report is a simple and required feature, yet, it seems such a pain in the ass to display something so simple

Can someone shed some light on this mess???

1 answer

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hello!

In this article it is stated that the add-on has been removed from Cloud.

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

This does not make sense, I am searching for adding any time report, and gives me a bunch of them to install/trial, why list them if I can not use them???

Also, thank god we switched to Clickup. JIRA is dead for us.

All we want is a simple time report and seems to be a total head ache to get this. WTF... it is very simple, yet, one must have an addon, any way to just display this data? I can not add any addon.

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

tried to add ....plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/plugins/com.kaanha.timesheets

But gives me an error, there is seriously something wrong with this...

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Yes, I checked this add-on and it, indeed, seems to be supported for Cloud:

Timesheet.jpgMay be the article I've referenced to is outdated.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

By the way, are you in site-admins group?

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

This is what I getJIRA screwup.png

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

I am the bloody Admin, what else does it need?

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

I am not in the site-admins group, i have no way of accessing that bit, I spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to edit the groups but no luck at all.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Please, check your group membership or show members of the site-admins group. Strange as it may seem, I think there's a possibility that you are NOT in this particular group.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Try to find this configuration here:

User Management > Groups

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

User Management  was there in the JIRA server offline, but on Cloud it is nowhere to be seen, I have tried to find this billions of times and still can not!! where is it?

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

I tried https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-groups-744721627.html

But I can not get to these options, something is totally screwed

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Then you are definitely not in site-admins group. 

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said 

you need site admins to do group maintenance

I think the only way for you here is to find your site-admin account. 

Abs Chamali May 23, 2018

I see what you mean, but i need help from Atlassian, as i can not access my own https://XXXX.atlassian.net/admin/

The system i think is all confused,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

It's about layers of admin.

Someone "owns" your system.  They have an Atlassian account, and they have (hopefully) added some other people as site admins.  These accounts all have the rights to add add-ons to the system, as well as maintain users.

I do not think you belong to those groups, so whilst you can administrate Jira, you do not have the access to buy add-ons.

Suggest an answer