Can not access JIRA = Oops - an error has occurred

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

I have one user who is no longer able to access JIRA. While she has logged into JIRA in the past, every time she attempts to log in now she receives an error:

Oops - an error has occurred..........

We have tried multiple browsers with the same results.

There is a 500 error in the log and an ajp-bio-8009-exec-12 ERROR, but I have no idea what is causing them. I have not been able to find anything else in the logs and she is the only user having this problem. Below are a few snippets from the log:

Oops - an error has occurred
System Error

A system error has occurred.

If this problem persists, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.com with the following information:
1. a description of your problem
2. cut & paste the error and system information found below

Cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Stack Trace: [hide]

2013-03-18 07:47:01,106 ajp-bio-8009-exec-12 ERROR [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page null
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.searchers.transformer.StatusSearchContextVisibilityChecker.FilterOutNonVisibleInContext(StatusSearchContextVisibilityChecker.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.searchers.transformer.NavigatorStructureChecker.checkValue(NavigatorStructureChecker.java:171)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.searchers.transformer.NavigatorStructureChecker.checkOperand(NavigatorStructureChecker.java:123)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.searchers.transformer.NavigatorStructureChecker.checkSearchRequest(NavigatorStructureChecker.java:83)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.searchers.transformer.IdIndexedSearchInputTransformer.doRelevantClausesFitFilterForm(IdIndexedSearchInputTransformer.java:97)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.search.

Any help would be appreciated - we are JIRA 5.2.8, GH 6.1.4.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

From the stack trace I'd guess that one of your statuses is null for some reason..

Can you login as that user using script runner "switch user" script or some similar plugin and see if you get the same error?

Get the user to hit some url that doesn't direct to the dashboard, eg an issue url, and take it from there.

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

Jamie saves the day, AGAIN!!!

Thank you. I sent my user a link to an issue url and she is now able to access JIRA and all her projects/issues.

0 votes
Mohammed Khadir March 18, 2013

Are you using AD for authentication ?

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

We are not using AD for authentication.

Suggest an answer