Can non-licensed users view project details in JIRA Core ?

Paras Gadhavi October 16, 2017

I have a use case where I and My team need use just the JIRA core, however, would like to allow stakeholders to login and see the project status / updates etc. Basically view only access.

Does this require a JIRA license ? Or is there a way to display this information to non-users ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Hey!

From the start - this is not currently possible, but there are some workarounds (but neither of them is as good as having such feature in JIRA).

What you can do is to make project visible to anyone (so even non logged users can see the project and issues in it). I would not recommend it though because everybody will have access to all of your data (comments can be limited to Developers for example).

It could be usefull if you have your system hidden behind VPN and only some people (stakeholders) has access to it + your team and you don't care about stakeholders seeing all issues and informations in visible project.

Other chance is to write code on your own, which fetch the data you want through the REST API of JIRA. Maybe there are some plugins, which can do the stuff for you, but prepare your wallet as most of them would be paid ones.

Paras Gadhavi October 17, 2017

Perfect!

Thanks for the options. This allows me to work in the right direction now.

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

@Paras GadhaviThanks for the reaction a I am glad I could help you.

If the answer solved it for you, please accept it as answer, so other people with same question will see it as accepted answer.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Regards,

Frenk

Suggest an answer