Can nginx be used to reverse-proxy JIRA

Archanaa Panda November 24, 2012

Hi,

We are going to commence our enterprise rollout with Atlassian Suite and our currently focusing on our deployment architecture for the same. I would like to know up-front whether Nginx Web Server can be used with JIRA. I have seen a lot of articles and blogs on the same as well as topics on Atlassian Answers, but I wanted to be doubly sure that it would be supported if at all we run into any integration problems with the same. I found Knowledge Base and documentation for Confluence and Fisheye/Crucible with Nginx, so I am assuming there would be no support / integration problems with these products.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Archanaa Panda November 29, 2012

I received a reply from Atlassian support.

Basically, any web server - Apache HTTPD, IIS or Nginx - is considered third party software and as mentioned in Support offerings, Atlassian will provide documentation and help in integrating with them but not support when a failure occurs in 3rd party software.

For the rest, we are going to proceed with a POC with Nginx and rely on documentation and community forums to achieve the integration with Atlassian Suite.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2012

Hi Archanaa,

I believe nginx CAN be used as a proxy for JIRA, however, this is not supported, as mentioned in the Support Offerings : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+Offerings#AtlassianSupportOfferings-3rdpartysupport

0 votes
Shamil Nunhuck November 24, 2012

I'm currently running JIRA behind Nginx, along with, Confluence, Stash and Bamboo. I did have FECRU installed at one point when I needed it.

Is it supported? I'm not sure, but I suppose we'd help you out as much as we could.

Suggest an answer