Can my cloud configuration be exclusively hosted in Australia?

Arnold van den Bovenkamp December 9, 2018

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2018

Not yet.  The Atlassian Cloud data centres are currently only in the USA and Republic of Ireland.  There are more on the way, but it's going to be a while.

To keep your data in Australia, your only option for the next couple of years is to install Atlassian Server products in a data centre yourself (or with a 3rd party who can run the Server versions for you and guarantee they'e in Australia)

bmcalary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2018

Hey @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, thanks for participating. I work on the Atlassian Cloud Network Engineering team and would like to point out:

https://www.atlassian.com/trust/reliability/infrastructure

Today, Atlassian maintains data centers and hosts data in the US, Australia and Ireland. By hosting data in multiple regions around the world, we intend to provide all of our customers with secure, fast and reliable services.

The above statement is accurate. We have a full production site in Australia serving data to customers just like US and EU sites!

Nominally we try to keep customer data closest to the highest concentration of customer users (this approach is always evolving), but for @Arnold van den Bovenkamp I would recommend opening a formal support case for their use case. :)

Your latter statement is accurate however, if you absolutely want to guarantee how and where your data is kept for enforcement and compliance reasons then server products are definitely a good option!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2018

Thanks @bmcalary - I didn't know the Australian one had opened!

Syed Rizvi October 28, 2019

Hi Nic

Just following up on the conversation above, we are currently using Jira on Cloud but have to ensure compliance. Can you please advice how we can ensure the data is being kept in Australia for Australian users?

Cheers,

Sal

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2019

Only way I know to do this is to raise a support request with Atlassian and ask.  They usually respond very quickly with either "it is in this area" or "it is in this area, do you need to move it to another"?

https://support.atlassian.com/contact to get started.

Suggest an answer