Can my JIRA filter display week in Name

Snehal Kulkarni May 11, 2017

Im creating a weekly Dashboard. And for my team i want to display tickets for current week and last week.

I can display both but there is a confusion because gadget name does not display which week dat ait is displaying.

Eg: Filter Name shoud be: Weekly Report for week (May 2-May 8) 

2 answers

0 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

It sounds like you are asking whether you can have the filter name be dynamic based on the week it is displaying. If that's the case, I don't believe you can do this without creating a named filter for each week and changing the dashboard each week.

I would suggest having two saved filters with one called Current Week and the other called Last Week to differentiate.

Then use the StartOfWeek() function in an advanced filter based on week:

• Current Week example: created > StartOfWeek()
  • Last Week example: created > startOfWeek(-1) and created < startOfWeek() 

Then you wouldn't need to have the dates in the filter's name. And with these descriptions it will show in the header of the gadget.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Hey Snehal,

If i am understanding it right, you would like to display two gadgets with two different week JIRA tickets ?

If so, make sure you have the filter name as Week A, Week B

- Use two gadgets (similar ones) but one with Week A filter and other one with Week B filter.

If the question you are asking is different please post a comment and i will follow up on that.

Thank You

Chander

Snehal Kulkarni May 12, 2017

Thanks for the reply but i really want my FilterName to display like

Critical ticket open for the week  May 2-May 8

I sure can make two filetrs with different name but in that case i have to update my filter every week. Thats what i dont want to do

Suggest an answer