Can my JIRA filter display week in Name

Im creating a weekly Dashboard. And for my team i want to display tickets for current week and last week.

I can display both but there is a confusion because gadget name does not display which week dat ait is displaying.

Eg: Filter Name shoud be: Weekly Report for week (May 2-May 8) 

2 answers

Hey Snehal,

If i am understanding it right, you would like to display two gadgets with two different week JIRA tickets ?

If so, make sure you have the filter name as Week A, Week B

- Use two gadgets (similar ones) but one with Week A filter and other one with Week B filter.

If the question you are asking is different please post a comment and i will follow up on that.

Thank You

Chander

Thanks for the reply but i really want my FilterName to display like

Critical ticket open for the week  May 2-May 8

I sure can make two filetrs with different name but in that case i have to update my filter every week. Thats what i dont want to do

0 vote
Rian Spivak Community Champion May 11, 2017

It sounds like you are asking whether you can have the filter name be dynamic based on the week it is displaying. If that's the case, I don't believe you can do this without creating a named filter for each week and changing the dashboard each week.

I would suggest having two saved filters with one called Current Week and the other called Last Week to differentiate.

Then use the StartOfWeek() function in an advanced filter based on week:

• Current Week example: created > StartOfWeek()
  • Last Week example: created > startOfWeek(-1) and created < startOfWeek() 

Then you wouldn't need to have the dates in the filter's name. And with these descriptions it will show in the header of the gadget.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,293 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot