Can more senior community members get write access to Atlassian documentation wiki?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

I would like to know if community member could get write access to Atlassian documentation?

Currently there are these problems that do need attention:

• removal of spam comments or ones that were already solved by fixing the documentation, that's essential because the comment thread can make harder to read the page
  • adding comments to pages where now comments are disabled, i remember at lead the development space being with comments disabled
  • improving documentation, there are lots if places where documentation have to be improved by adding essential missing information, information that is hidden in bugs or workaround pages, that you will find only after encountering the problem. The right approach is to properly document the setup so you setup the product properly from start, not after getting an outage.

As a member of the community, I would not mind adding missing bits to quite a few pages, as I would also benefit from them later.

In case someone is asking about Answers, yest it good but it doesn't replace documentation.

It's perfect to find answers for specific questions but it will not replace something like "LDAP configuration guide", a page that is suppose to tell you how to conifgure LDAP properly.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2014

If I had write access, the first thing I'd add is a short list of stock answers to questions that come up repeatedly...

Then I'd ask someone else to edit it because my prose varies between "too chatty" and "incomprehensible"

Suggest an answer