Can jira notify users that a ticket was created after a certain time of day?

Jeremy Price April 12, 2016

Basically if a ticket was created for example, after 6 pm EST it would notify a certain person or group within Jira. Stating that a ticket has been created.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Hey Jeremy!

Sadly, there's not a way to set notification schemes to be time-aware, and I don't believe there's a post-function that you could use in a workflow transition.

But!  You may be able to use filter subscriptions to accomplish this.  Basically, you'd write a JQL query, save it as a filter, and subscribe users/groups to it based on an interval.  You could have the subscription fire every 15 minutes after 6pm EST, for example, with a filter that gathers any issues that have been created after that time.

Here's some reading material to get you started:

JIRA Filter Subscriptions

JIRA Advanced Searching

This may not be the only way, but it'd be the one I'd personally explore first.

Good luck!

Jeremy Price April 13, 2016

Thank you for this information, I will review those pages and try to make it work. Appreciate the help.  

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

No problem!

Suggest an answer