Can issuefunction search by a custom field?

Shaun Rucker August 30, 2017

I have a query for issues that were not commented on by 'user' for a specified number of days:

issuefunction not in commented("by currentuser() after -3d")

However, I have a custom field called "Build Assignee" that I would like to use for the search instead of myself.  Something like:

issuefunction not in commented("by "Build Assignee" after -3d")

I've tried a few variations, but it seems the function wants either a specific user or currentuser().  

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

That specific JQL function is something that the Scriptrunner plugin is adding to JIRA. 

That said the documentation on how that function works in over in ScriptRunner - Scripted JQL Functions.  

It does not appear that this function can use custom fields that contain user accounts, but that function does allow you use arguments like project roles, or group names in order to search for users that would match that criteria.  That probably isn't exactly what you are looking for here, but it might help.

Shaun Rucker September 5, 2017

I appreciate the response, Andy.  Unfortunately, no, the role/group functions won't work as everyone in my org has the same role and group.  

Suggest an answer