Can i use JIRA service Desk as a plugin over JIRA Software?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2015

Hi

Can i use JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk together like how it used to be earlier before the changes to the products?

I have an existing setup of JIRA+JIRA agile and wondering how to get the Service desk plugin instead of "JIRA Service Desk".

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

Interesting note as well, if you buy a licence for Service Desk 3, you can download and install the previous version as an Add-On if you are still running JIRA core 6. The license works for both. 

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2015

Yes you can. Just go to manage add-on and search for Service Desk this can then be installed on top of JIRA Software.

You should find all your answers (and more) in the migration hub at https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira+agile+jsd_product-changes

Phill

Suggest an answer