Can i upgrade to JIRA 6 after Maintenance Period End Date ?

Deleted user May 28, 2013

We are currently on downloadable version of jira 5 ? Our maintenance period end date is in june.

Can we upgrade to jira 6 after that ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Ronak,

If your maintenance period end this June, then you should be able to upgrade to JIRA 6 after that. Because JIRA 6 was release this month, hence your maintenance period cover it, however any JIRA release after June is not available for you until you renew your maintenance period.

Hope the above information clarify your doubts on this issue.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Deleted user May 29, 2013

Oh good to know. Thanks.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Nope. You need a valid license when you upgrade.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2013

Um, actually, no. You need a licence that WAS valid at the time the version you are moving to was released.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

@nic really? I learnt something new today! I thought it just had to be valid at the time.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Me neither. Good thing to know ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events