Can i restrict project role (Customer) to view comments which are added by Project Role (Developers)?

keyur December 16, 2015

Hi All,

I have configure role as customer and would like to give access to client. As we have fear that developer may reveal some facts which need not to be highlighted to client while adding comment. I am looking for solution where I can configure permission that project Role (Developer) comments will be hidden only for project role (customer)?

Any quick resolution will be much appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Your challenge sounds like the solution is JIRA Service Desk which brings in the distinction between customer and others (eg Developers). It also gives you the ability to track metrics on response times as well so worth a look at least.

Otherwise you can do with JIRA Agile but you then need to make all Developers restrict the visibility of their comments manually.

Hope this helps

Phill

keyur January 26, 2016

Thanks Phill. We have thought of the same option but it has cost to it. We have found solution and successfully we have introduced JIRA to customer.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer