Can i restric the drop down options to list specific values and not all values to specific users?

Deepa Tantry April 24, 2017

I want a status change from A to B where i will include a Screen with certain fields and drop-down options to it. For some condition/validation can i restric the drop down options to list specific values and not all values? 
Eg: For user role:Developer only 2 options from the drop down of a field should be visible.
 For user role: Administrator all options of the drop down field should be visible.

Let me know the possibilities for this.

Appreciate your help!
Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2017

Hi,

you can do this using plugin Dynamic Forms. There is Secured Options Select which can restrict option to specific groups and project roles.

Here you can find  more information: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DF/Secured+Options+Select

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

Not natively, you'll need some code.

IT might be possible with some ugly javascript, but a better option would be a look at add-ons that can provide fields with that logic or something like Behaviours that can modify fields

Suggest an answer