Can i make Jira/Confluence send notification from the users own emails?

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

Hi,

Is there any way of making Jira/Confluence/Bamboo sending notifications using the users own email on updates/comments rather than using a generic email for all notifications? The reason i am asking is that many email clients automatically store a new contact when a email is received, and this becomes quite misleading.

For example: If a email is sent from "Jonas Andersson<jira@jira.local>", a contact with this information is stored in the email client. The next time the same client receive an email from "Benny Lava<jira@jira.local>" it automatically re-uses the contact created, so it looks like Jonas Andersson sent the notification. Not sure if this is caused by the exchange server, or the individual clients but so far i had the problem reported in Evolution (linux) and the native IOS8, but unfortunately both clients and mailservers have been upgraded lately, so i am not sure what might have caused this behavior to change.

Thankful for any help i can get on this.

Kind regards

Jonas

1 answer

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

This is currently in Atlassian's backlog but not on their roadmap. Click the link below and vote/watch it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7108

Suggest an answer