Can i find the issue that has been deleted by mistake in jira

Sriveni Kokkonda October 30, 2014

Yesterday someone has deleted an Issue and we would to restore the issue as the Issue created was real-time client issue.Where can i find the deleted issue in the JIRA ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

It's gone.

The only place you can get it from is the most recent backup of your JIRA.

If you have the auditing enabled, you'll be able to see who and when, but not the content of the issue.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

This is why I never allow deleting of issues by anybody. They can be closed with a resolution of Canceled. I suggest you remove the delete permission from everyone. Allowing deletes will come back to bite you eventually, even if it is only management questioning why there is an issue missing and wanting all the details about it and why it was deleted.

0 votes
Sriveni Kokkonda October 30, 2014

How do i know if the auditing enabled in JIRA 4.3.4 ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2014

It only got built into Jira in version 6. Older versions only did it if you installed the rather nice Auditor plugin

Suggest an answer