Can i enable internal authentication and ldap simultaneously

salvatore limatola October 27, 2013

Can i enable internal authentication and ldap simultaneously

3 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hi Salvatore,

Yes you can. The order of the directory matters when you set it up this way.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you require additional info.

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2013

Depends. Usually ( i don't know CAS) if u have activated a SSO external sign on application, jira demand the auth to that system and you can't login if you are not present there.

In my configuration with crowd, when i enable the sso and demand jira to ask authentication to crowd, internal directory stop woirking (it works if the sso is disable)

0 votes
salvatore limatola October 28, 2013

Hi,

sorry for my english

i describe to all my software configuration.
I have one applicationserver with JIRA +ALFRESCO + CAS ( CAS allow's access to JIRA and ALFRESCO)
If the user connects JIRA URL he is redirected to CAS LOGIN web page,writes their LDAP credentials and access.
Question:
If user not configured in the Active Directory can i allow it to access in the JIRA skip CAS ?

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer