Can i associate two permission scheme to same project

nitin gite January 2, 2013

i have created two different permission scheme ,can i associate this two permission scheme to same project . so that i can change permission according to there issue type selected

as i had tryed we can associate only one permission scheme to one project, but i want to add two persmission scheme acording to there issue type selected

i can add multiple issue type,workflow,screen but not permission

plz guide me through steps..

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

No You cannot associate two permission schemes to a single Project , you can associate a single permission scheme to multiple project ,

1.actuly i have one project which have issue type ,workflow,screen and its own permission

2.now i have created another issue type,screen, workflow ,permission scheme

3.now i m associating this another issue type, screen ,workflow to first one project, that part i have done ,but cant able to associating permission scheme, when m trying ,first permission scheme has been remove , that i dont want, i want both permission so that i can select it according to issue type selected

i dont want to combine both permission ,it will take too much time for editing, i have 150 project which have its own permission and i am adding another issue type ,screen workflow and its permission to each 150 project,

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2013

It's not possible. Face the truth.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

At a time only one scheme will be associated to a project . When you associate a new scheme the old scheme will be removed and the project will follow the new scheme . This is a default behaviour of JIRA .

I did not get what you are trying to achieve , why you need two permission schemes ? you may have to analyse and accordingly merge the two permission schemes into one .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2013

Permissions are done at a Project level, not Issue. End of story.

You will need to merge the permissions, or keep your projects separate.

Like Manal Mahboob likes this

Thank you ,now i understood will try to merge it

Like Manal Mahboob likes this
0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

How about creating two separate workflows for the two issue types, and defining transition conditions within the two workflows?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2013

This is not possible, as far as I know.

Suggest an answer