Can i add the + button at the top of board columns to add an issue, like the Agility Board?

Stu January 8, 2018

If you create an Agility Project, based on the Jira template.  The board columns have plus buttons at the top of each column to create an issue in that column.  This makes a lot of sense, and I would like to enable this for my software projects, but can't see how i create this, nor can you see the config of the agility board to reverse engineer it.

If this can't be done, can someone confirm the quickest and easiest way to create new issues in the board view?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Currently this functionality is only available for the Agility Project. What projects do you use where it would be useful? Could you move to Agility projects instead? 

If there is something that's preventing you from using Agility Projects, we'd appreciate your feedback!

Stu January 11, 2018

Hi, Ok thanks for the answer. No I have some config that I want to use, and my understanding with the Agility board is that I can't add much config to it, and modify the board?  Is that correct?  Thanks

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Yes, currently the Agility projects are quite limited. Feedback from users who use the project with the board helps us to drive the changes we are making to it.

1 vote
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2018

Hi Stu,

To better assist you in the future, which configs are missing in agility project? 

Cheers,

Erika

Suggest an answer