Can external users access a private Jira project without using a user license?

Peter Olson June 28, 2012

Is there a way to give some external users the abiltity to post issues and comments to jira without their user taking up a user license?

Most PM systems can do this (fogbugz, youtrack, targetprocess, etc...) and didn't see a way with jira.

3 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2012

No I don't believe so.

The license count is based of the 'JIRA Users' global permission which you need in order to be able to log in.

Off the top of my head anonymous users may be able to comment on issues but I doubt be able to create issues and certainly not users that are able to be logged in, these would of course use up a seat

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

If IssueCollector is not enough, you can also try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms/cloud/overview

Cheers,

Vlad

0 votes
jameshartleroad March 5, 2014

Wouldn't the JIRA Issue Collector work for allowing an issue to be creatd without logging in?

"An Issue Collector allows you to easily gather feedback on any website in the form of JIRA issues, even from users who don't have JIRA accounts."

Suggest an answer