Can edit-with-emacs and atlassian and chrome work together?

Rob Sargent April 2, 2018

Apparently not! This textbox doesn't even show as "editable".  WTF? 

But in a jirs issue, I can invoke emacs on, for example a comment box, but when I save my changes, the emacs buffer reverts back to original state and the jira comment is unchanged.

I can successfully edit text (via emacs) on other web pages.

chrome = Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit)

emacs = 25.2.1

edit-with-emacs = 1.15

OS = ubuntu-17.10

Jira = 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2018

Rob,

I'm not sure I am following your question. Can you let us know what you're trying to do exactly? Is Edit with Emacs an extension you're using? 

If it's not working with Jira I would recommend getting in touch with the vendor who created it and they can let you know if it's something they're working on.

Regards,

Shannon

Rob Sargent April 30, 2018

Yes, Edit-with-emacs is a chrom extension, a follow-on the the original "It's all text" extension.

I want to be able to use emacs as a an intermediary for filling in a (large) text block in Atlassian pages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Thanks for confirming, Rob.

I see another user in 2013 commented on the extension's page that it doesn't work properly with Jira's comment field, but checking their repository I don't see that the issue has been reported anywhere else.

I would recommend reaching out to the developer to let them know about the issue in case they are able to work with it to be compatible with our products.

Regards,

Shannon

Rob Sargent May 1, 2018

Hm, I wonder if Atlassian shouldn't make it's pages less special?

Suggest an answer