Can different sub-tasks listen to eachother?

Johan Söderström September 9, 2016

I´m gonna try to simplify this by making a scenario:

I have three different issue types: Story, sub-task and test-task.

Story workflow is: To Do - In Progress - Test - Done

Sub task and test task have both different sub-workflows

1. When all sub-tasks are done I want the Story to transfer to In progress (this is no problem).
  2. When all sub-tasks and test-tasks are done I want the Story to transfer to Test (this is a problem). 
  3. If the test-task is Done before the sub-task nothing should happen to the story until the sub-task also is done(this is a problem).

As i understand it number 2 and 3 is not possible because there are no post-functions between the childs. Am I correct?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

Correct.  You'd need some code in the post-functions on the two sub-task workflows that could check the other sub-tasks on the parent for your business logic.

Johan Söderström September 9, 2016

Thank´s Nic for your quick response. Could you please explain me or give an example how to do that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

I'm afraid that's where I have to let you down - you can't add such code to Cloud systems. 

Johan Söderström September 11, 2016

Thanks again for your answer.

Suggest an answer