Can date fields appear on a tab for viewing?

Jeremy Schrecengost January 9, 2018

I have a lot of dates I need to track in JIRA (~160 per ticket) and I want them broken up into sections (different tabs on the screens) but when viewing a ticket all of the dates are added to the dates section (which is now huge and unruley)

Is there a way to make it not add those to the dates section on the side of the screen and display in the tabs (like when I go to edit)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

@Jeremy Schrecengost, That is a lot of date fields....  Like Nic said, that date fields are constrained to that specific section of the issue screen.  The only option I can think of is to use text fields for your dates.  You won't get the nice calendar popup but you will been able to arrange them on different tabs.

.pd

0 votes
Jeremy Schrecengost January 9, 2018

I can go the route of text fields just wanted to make it easier on my team for those date

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Argh, fielditis - you've created a pointlessly unwieldy and probably utterly useless system for your users.

Jira is not designed for this, so, no, you can't stop it moving the dates into the date section.

Suggest an answer