Can custom icons be used for Request Types

John Anderson February 5, 2016

Request Types come with out-of-the box icons. Is it possible to upload our own to create custom icons?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

You cannot currently add custom images for Request Types in JIRA Service Desk.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-31

Message on February 4th – 

Hi everyone,

We know that this functionality is something a lot of you wanted this. We are currently working on this, i.e. it's in the middle of implementation.

Thanks so much for your patience! Stay tuned. 

Thank you Steven! This would be great as we have some Request Types that just do not work with the available icons. 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Service Desk sad

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2016

Sorry Gabrielle, it's a painpoint of mine too so I recognized the question right away. :|

0 votes
Warren Vercruysse March 30, 2020

Hi,

Indeed now you can upload an image. But it is super pixelized (uploaded in PNG).I did the exercise to reupload the images from Atlassian and the same issue occurs

Link to icons:  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2431oytgnoauk0x/AADPupJRXwdP_SLs4mLHTUeNa/Request%20Type%20Icons?dl=0

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2016

Yes you can! If you have the correct permission, go to the Issue Types admin page and configure each icon. You will be presented with a path (starting from the JIRA installation directory) on where the icons can be placed.

Hi Gabrielle, thank you for answering my question. I'm a bit confused though. I'm not trying to edit issue type icons. I'm looking to edit Request Type icons in Service desk. I have images that I can pick from but we have a few request types that are related to other projects that have custom icons and would like to use those rather than pick from the handful that are available with Service Desk.. See images....

req_type_icons.pngicon2.png

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2016

Apologies John, this is for JIRA Core (server).

Suggest an answer