Can custom icons be used for Request Types

Request Types come with out-of-the box icons. Is it possible to upload our own to create custom icons?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 05, 2016

You cannot currently add custom images for Request Types in JIRA Service Desk.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-31

Message on February 4th – 

Hi everyone,

We know that this functionality is something a lot of you wanted this. We are currently working on this, i.e. it's in the middle of implementation.

Thanks so much for your patience! Stay tuned. 

Thank you Steven! This would be great as we have some Request Types that just do not work with the available icons. 

Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 05, 2016

Sorry Gabrielle, it's a painpoint of mine too so I recognized the question right away. :|

Yes you can! If you have the correct permission, go to the Issue Types admin page and configure each icon. You will be presented with a path (starting from the JIRA installation directory) on where the icons can be placed.

Hi Gabrielle, thank you for answering my question. I'm a bit confused though. I'm not trying to edit issue type icons. I'm looking to edit Request Type icons in Service desk. I have images that I can pick from but we have a few request types that are related to other projects that have custom icons and would like to use those rather than pick from the handful that are available with Service Desk.. See images....

req_type_icons.pngicon2.png

Apologies John, this is for JIRA Core (server).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,427 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you