Can custom fields be added to to the Portfolio Scope View table?

Russell Stringer September 5, 2017

I want to add a custom field to the Portfolio Scope view table, specifically "customer" so I can see which Epic relates to requests by which customer.

Besides using the labels, is there a way to do this?  Labels are not working for me as teams are labelling the Epics themselves, and the labels are not in the same order on each Epic which makes them hard to compare.  Ideally, I would like to expose a custom field in this view, so we don't have to dig into each Epic to make a quick comparison.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hey Russell,

Yes, you can display custom fields in the Portfolio Scope view.

When you slect configure your plan, Custom Fields are under the Source Data heading.

Once you have enabled a customer field to be visable in Portfolio you just need to go back to scope view, click on the gear and find the field in the drop down list.

Currently there are only a select number of types of fields taht are supported, but you should be able to create a field to meet your needs.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Russell Stringer September 5, 2017

Hey Tyler,

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for explaining it!

Russ

Suggest an answer