Can bugs be attached to a feature?

Brent O'Malley September 25, 2012

If I have a project and I am developing 80 new interfaces, all 80 interfaces might be features. If I then have bugs reported, how can I report on bugs per feature?

2 answers

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

2 Ways would be

1. use a subtask of called bug and add it as a subtask of the feature. Downside to this is if you also have a parent issue type called bugs you now have 2 types of bugs to track which may or may not work for you

2. Use links. Create a link called 'breaks' or something and link the bug to the feature.

Links can be harder to report on though

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Or use a custom field. Use SelectList if you want reporting in Dashboards, or use a Label type.

Mark the custom field with appropriate value in each bug.

Label has the advantage that there is no administrative access needed for creating new values, while SelectList requires that the administrator keeps the values in the List in sync with the features.

Suggest an answer