Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can archived projects be migrated between Jira instances ?

I am looking for some information on project migration between instances. I have two JIRA instances, I want to know what happens if archived projects are migration from one instance to another. Does it cause any impact ?

Is there any documentation available on this topic, I couldn't find any. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Aisha M

I also haven't found any clear docs about it. But I have the impression that it should simply be fine.

Why? This feature request requests that after a Jira Data Center to Cloud migration the archived projects should stay archived. In the comments, people talk about that the implementation on Cloud and Data Center for archiving is quite different, so it's not an easy thing to do.

That gave me the impression that it should/might work. I'd recommend to try it out with one archived project.

Or wait for others to comment who know better than I do.

Cheers,
Matthias.

@Matthias Gaiser [K15t]  Thank you for the comment.

Do we need any additional plugin to help with the project migration between jira instances ? 

There are various ways to do that. Here are two articles from the official Atlassian docs which both describe doing it with some app:

Maybe that helps?

Cheers,
Matthias.

@Matthias Gaiser [K15t] Thank you !

Just another question, will there be an impact to jira if any duplicate project keys are introduced during the migration process ?

Do we have any articles regarding that ? 

I'm just trying to analyze the impact to our jira instance when an archived/or duplicate project keys are introduced from a different jira instance within the same org . . 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you