Can anybody tell me if the FixVersion field is being depricated once Agile 6.7 is deployed?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Because I really dislike this whole Sprint tracking approach.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

I'm assuming you mean Classic boards with Fix versions( since that's what Classic boards are using)

JIRA Agile 6.7 will remove the classic boards  according to the release notes ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/The+Future+of+JIRA+Agile ):

"Classic boards will be removed in JIRA Agile 6.7 (scheduled for March 2015). This means:

• JIRA Server — JIRA Agile 6.7 for JIRA Server will not include Classic boards.
  • JIRA Cloud — Classic boards will be removed when JIRA Agile 6.7 is deployed."

Sprint tracking makes more since in a Scrum version (rather than abusing FixVersion) since it does free up the Version fields to be used for Versions... What exactly are you trying to do? Have you tried to use the Kanban boards?

Suggest an answer