Can any body Help me to write java script in velocity file?

Nageswarara Rao December 12, 2012

Hi

I coded javascript in velocity file as like as follows , but i am getting errors

please help me to solve this problem

My code:

<script>

#[[ $(document).ready(userDetails(){

<table align=center bgcolor="bbbbbb" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width=100%>

<tr bgcolor="#f0f0f0">

<td valign="center">

<table bgcolor ="#fffff0" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="grid">

<tr valign="top" bgcolor="#f0f0f0">

<td><b>$action.getText("bulkuserdeactivation.name")</b></td>

</tr>

#foreach ($element in $action.getAllUsers())

#if($document.form.userNameContains.value == ($element.getName()))

<tr >

<td><input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" align="center">$element.getName()</td>

</tr>

#end

#end

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

});

]]#

</script>

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Yes, that , but this still isn't going to work I think. It looks like you're mixing server side and client side contexts. Anything beginning with # is Velocity markup that is converted to 'html' on loading (assuming this is an embedded script), at that time it does not have access to the 'document', so whilst:

#foreach ($element in $action.getAllUsers())

will work fine,

#if($document.form.userNameContains.value == ($element.getName()))

will not, as the 'document' only exists in the client browser. Perhaps you didn't mean it to be Velocity and meant it to just be javascript, if so I think you just need to change the

#if ($document.

for

if (document.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Use AJS.$ instead of $ in your script .

Suggest an answer