Can advanced search add another field "Lables"

Zhihua Wang January 8, 2013

Can advanced search add another field "Lables"? Because sometimes I want to filster the specified issues with specified labels.

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

You can search using Labels. And if you need to have another custom field itself of type Label, you can create that too

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Labelling+an+Issue

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hi zhwang,

What version of JIRA are you using?

This works for me

Example:

project = "ABC" and labels = Database

Example:

project = "ABC" and ( labels = Database or labels = Role )

Zhihua Wang January 8, 2013

Hello,

I am using EE Jira 4.3, I just tried lables and it works, thanks a lot.

Btw, why there is no "label" field in link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-FieldsReference?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Label actually comes from a plugin (while that plugin is bundled within). So I guess that doc may not refer it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

Indeed - labels is a *custom field type*, not a system field, so it's not documented under the system fields.

Suggest an answer