Can a workflow condition alter name of transition?

Nathan Neulinger July 8, 2017

Is it possible for a workflow transition condition (in java plugin or other scripted plugin such as ScriptRunner) to alter the displayed name of the transition button?

The particular scenario is I'd like to have a 'any status can transition to this one' transition, but in certain cases, I'd like to rename the button to say things like 'Blah [Bypass]' so draw attention to it not being 'expected' for the current conditions, but to still allow it. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2017

No, a condition simply returns "true" or "false" to represent "this transition can be used at this time"

However, for what you're trying to do, just rename the transition in the workflow editor.

Nathan Neulinger July 9, 2017

I understood the return value, I was meaning more that it had access to the workflow/transition objects prior to them being displayed. From your response I gather there is no endpoint/ability to make runtime alterations to those objects?

The example I gave was simplistic - but the overall intent is to avoid having LOTS of duplicated transitions in the large/complicated workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2017

There's no mechanics for doing anything like that.  The code has a show/hide function for "condition tells me pass or fail", but nothing else.  The conditions have no access to do anything other than return true/false.

Suggest an answer