Can a self hosted Bamboo server be integrated with an OnDemand JIRA server?

Sean Wilson September 5, 2012

I'm trying to follow the instructions from here to integrate a self hosted Bamboo server with an OnDemand JIRA server:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Integrating+Bamboo+with+JIRA

When adding an Application Link on the Bamboo Server I get this error:

Username or password are wrong or you don't have administrator rights for the remote application.

I've doubled checked I can log into JIRA with the account given, the URL is correct and the account has access to the JIRA admin page. How can I troubleshoot the problem? Is it even possible to link these two servers?

The JIRA server seems to have the Bamboo plugin installed by default but disabled. If complete integration isn't possible, are there at least some integration options which don't involve moving to a self hosted JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that it isn't possible to connect external applications to OnDemand instances, so you wouldn't be able to connect a 'behind the firewall' instance to an AOD instance at this moment because configuring Trusted Applications is a restricted function in AOD at this time and this is why this integration is failing for you. Please see our documentation on restricted functions in OnDemand for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Whilst this was true at the time of writing, it is now possible to connect a self-hosted Bamboo server with JIRA OnDemand using an OAuth application link. More (generic) information about how to do this can be found here:

Suggest an answer